Named one of the 10 best Air Shows in the WORLD by USA Today in 2016!
The National Championship Air Races combines the world's fastest motor sport with spectacular military and civilian air entertainment to offer the most unique air racing event in the world. This exciting, one-of-a-kind event showcases six different classes of race planes and up-close access to aircraft, pilots and crews in the “pits”. Gather your friends and family and experience the roar of planes as they streak past you at just 50 feet from the ground. It’s an experience you’ll never forget!
- Six different classes of race planes battle just 50 feet from the ground, with the Unlimited and Jet classes reaching speeds over 500 mph!
- On-your-feet race action.
- Close-up access to racing aircraft, pilots and crews in the “pits.”
- World-class air show, military display and demonstrations, aircraft and drone displays and great concessions.
For information on tickets and pricing, go to the website below. Tickets will go on sale in early 2017. For Box Seats, call 775-972-6663.
- General Admission
- Includes first come-first served seating in the General Admission grandstands, access to the static aircraft displays and the mainway vendor areas. Access to the pit area requires a pit pass which must be purchased separately.
- Reserved Seating
- Reserved Grandstand tickets provide access to all of the areas open to General Admission ticket holders, plus an assigned seat for the day, giving you the option to leave and return to the same seat at any time. Reserved Grandstand tickets are highly recommended on the weekends when seating becomes scarce in the general admission grandstands. Reserved Grandstand tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pit Passes
- A pit pass gives you unparalleled access to get close to the aircraft and observe the race teams in the pits, which occupy the western half of the event site. A General Admission or Reserved Grandstand ticket is required in order to get access to the Pit area with your Pit Pass.
- Chairman's Tent
- The Chairman's Tent is a great place to enjoy food and a full service bar while relaxing in a shaded area. Access to the chairman's Hospitality Tent requires a General Admission or Reserved Seat ticket [which must be purchased separately], plus a Chairman's Hospitality Tent pass. A buffet lunch is served daily, and you can stop by any time to enjoy a cold drink and a snack, all this with a view of the races and air show.
- Box Seating and Checkered Flag Club
- For that ultra air race experience. Box seating allows you to enjoy the races with friends or business associates from your private box on the flight line! The Checked Flag Club provides a long list of premium amenities, including front-and-center viewing location, free Air Race admission, quality dining, official merchandise, and exclusive entertainment.
2017 Parking and RV Passes, Shuttle
Advance parking passes may be purchased by calling the Reno Air Race Association (775) 972-6663, until mid-July. After that date, they may be purchased upon arrival at the parking lot.
Shuttle service begins at 7am and runs approximately every 15 minutes. There are 6 shuttle locations to choose from (Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, Eldorado Resort Casino, Harrah's Reno, Nugget Casino Resort, Grand Sierra Resort, Peppermill Resort Spa Casino). Shuttle tickets may be purchased at the pick up/drop off locations or at Reno Stead Field.
For additional shuttle and parking information, click here
Thrilling wing tip-to-wing tip action
Just a fraction of a second separates these two planes crossing the home pylon
The T-6 Class features match racing between stock aircraft, including the original T-6 “Texan,” the Canadian-built “Harvard,” and the US Navy “SNJ” version aircraft. The fastest T-6 aircraft generally post race speeds into the 220-230 mph range on the 5.06-mile course at Reno. Because the aircraft are all of the same type, the T-6 Class provides some of the most exciting racing at Reno, with an emphasis on strategy and pilot skill rather than raw horsepower.