Top Ten Reasons the Roaming Gnome should have come to Tahoe
Top Ten Reasons the Roaming Gnome should should have broken his Cabin Fever in Tahoe rather than Utah in Travelocity’s Top Ski Destination contest.
1. Ski in two states at the same time at Heavenly while looking at the deep blue of Lake Tahoe, even with your narrow gnome stance
2. Go on a blind date with Tahoe Tessie (Lake Tahoe’s mythical resident “sea creature”).
3. Depending on how the date goes, perhaps a quick wedding and an even quicker divorce in Reno.
4. 50 Tram laps at Squaw Valley USA to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first televised Winter Olympic Games.
5. Tempt fate with a visit to the Donner Party museum, just hope they don’t think you’re a chocolate filled gnome.
6. Our drinks have personality with drinks like the ‘Wet Woody’, the ‘Scorpion’ and the ‘Flaming Kava Kava’. Gnomes keep your beards away from the flames!
7. Forgot your skis? No problem, where else but in Sparks can you get your skis, ride a Ferris Wheel and drive a NASCAR simulator in one mega sports store?
8. Follow in the footsteps of Ol’ Blue Eyes and Marilyn Monroe in the tunnels at the historic Cal Neva Lodge
9. Spend a little downtime at the spa before heading out for a long night in Reno
10. Satisfy a late night hunger at what has been heralded as one of the best burgers in the country, the Awful Awful, awfully big, awfully good, don’t be scared my friend, you can do it.