Top 10 highlights for a Reno-Tahoe getaway
Reno-Tahoe is a family-friendly getaway, offering tons of fun for kids and adults alike. Add some of these Top 10 attractions to your travel itinerary:
- Catch a ballgame: Downtown Reno is home to a new ballpark and the Reno Aces, a Triple A team. The boys of summer are playing in Reno-Tahoe.
- Hit the slopes: Reno-Tahoe offers the largest concentration of ski and board resorts in North America — 18 within an hour drive of Reno-Tahoe International Airport.
- Shop till you drop: The shopping is great in Reno-Tahoe, including the new Legends at Sparks Marina in Sparks, Nev., which boasts more than 70 stores and restaurants, including Scheel’s, the World’s Largest All Sports Store at almost 300,000 square feet.
- A river runs through it: The Truckee River winds through downtown Reno and downtown Sparks, offering great opportunities for recreation and relaxation during the warm months. Whitewater enthusiasts can paddle to their heart’s content in the two whitewater parks.
- Nevada-style casino action: In Reno-Tahoe the action goes 24-7, with deluxe, modern resort casinos that offer fun gaming action without the Vegas crowds.
- The Jewel of the Sierra: Lake Tahoe is 45 minutes from Reno-Tahoe International Airport and downtown Reno — a great day trip whether it is summer or winter.
- The Comstock Lode: Step back to Wild West times in Virginia City. The preserved epicenter of the Comstock Lode features classic buildings, old saloons and a cast of characters that is always entertaining.
- V&T Railroad: Ride the rails of the Virginia and Truckee Railroad in Carson City, Nevada’s capitol. Working steam engines hearken back to the golden age of rail travel.
- Wine and dine: Reno-Tahoe is known for adventure and Nevada-style gaming, but hundreds of restaurants serving everything from casual to five-star fare also make it a great destination for culinary enthusiasts.
- Culture connection: Reno-Tahoe is home to 31 museums, including the Nevada Museum of Art, the National Automobile Museum and the Nevada State Museum – live Nevada’s rich culture.