MEruelo Group to invest more than $25 million IN RENOVATIONS at Grand Sierra Resort AND CASINO
Alex Meruelo, CEO and Founderof the Meruelo Group, and owner of Grand Sierra Resort and Casino (GSR) announced a $25 million investment in upgrading the GSR campus. This facility’s improvement will focus on areas that most impact guests’ quality of experience including but not limited to guest rooms, dining venues and entertainment spaces.
Construction begins 4th Quarter 2011. Renovations will include:
- Updated guest rooms and suites, which will showcase classic contemporary furnishings, linens and flooring.
- The Cantina, a new and authentic Mexican dining venue that will boast Northern Nevada’s largest tequila collection.
- The casino floor will boast a brand new complete ultra lounge, featuring floor to ceiling sheers and hidden coves with plush furniture.
- GSR newest club will be a contemporary country western dance hall. With more than $1 million allocated for this portion of the project the new space will feature a larger dance floor, additional seating and a country crossover look and feel.
- To compliment all of the additions to the property the casino will also be remodeled and renovated to reflect the updated look.
- The last elements of the renovation will include improvements to existing on-site amenities such as the convention center, heath club and spa as well as new and upgraded carpet and lighting throughout the property.