7 Ways to Celebrate Nevada Day This Weekend
Happy 149th Birthday, Nevada! Here are seven ways to celebrate Nevada’s big day, this weekend:
- Watch the Nevada Day Parade in Carson City on Saturday, Oct 26 – it’s the biggest event. The parade goes from 10am-1pm. This will be the 75th parade!
- Look up for the Balloon Launch before the big parade, at 8am, followed by a…
- … Military Aircraft Flyover from Fallon Naval Air Station and Nevada Air Guard.
- Attend the UNR vs UNLV football game for the Freemont Cannon on October 26, at Mackay Stadium in Reno. (Go Pack!)
- Dig in to the 19th Annual Chili Feed hosted by Lt. Governor Brian K. Krolicki at the Carson Nugget at 2:00pm on Parade Day, Oct 26.
- Get moving at the Nevada Day Classic Run/Walk in Carson City – 8k Run and 2 Mi Run/Walk – at 8am, Oct 26.
- Enjoy Free Museum Admissions: Sparks Museum for Nevada residents on October 25, and Nevada State Museum during the Parade in Carson City, October 26.