Special Event Partnership Funding
2015 Special Event Partnership Funding
|An organized annual event that generates overnight visitors for two or more Washoe County lodging properties, as well as out-of-area marketing exposure, and is of interest to the general public. Historically these events have included, but are not limited to: festivals, fairs, community events and certain sporting events. Qualified events must reinforce the RSCVA’s branding message, provide the RSCVA with a sustainable and appealing destination message, and attract overnight visitors.|
- Event is in close proximity to Washoe County and occurs in a location without significant lodging.
- Event is promoted as being held in a municipality of Washoe County (Reno, Sparks, Incline Village, Crystal Bay)
- Washoe County is promoted as the primary bed base and receives substantial room nights.
- To generate new incremental room nights at desirable rates for Washoe County lodging properties.
- To create positive awareness and motivate travelers to visit the destination through out-of-market advertising or social media.
- To increase repeat visitation. Visitors who come to the destination for an event and have an enjoyable experience are more likely to return in the future.
- To assist with the RSCVA's destination branding communications for Reno Tahoe USA.
- The event actively promotes to out-of-market, overnight visitors (spectators) and is not primarily an event for local residents.
- The event generates overnight visitors for Washoe County lodging entities.
- The event is fundamentally not a conference, meeting, trade show or expo.
- The RSCVA will not be the sole/primary revenue source for the event. The event will take place regardless of receipt of RSCVA Partnership Funding.
- The event's Partnership Funding application request does not exceed 25% of the overall event budget and awarded funds will be used for advertising, marketing and event promotion.
- The event is/will occur annually in the destination. It is not a one-time only occurrence.
- The event is open to the general public (spectators), promotes attendance to spectators and does not require the general public spectators) to purchase a membership, conference registration or annual dues to spectate. Spectator ticket charges are acceptable for gated events.
- The event capacity is not limited to a small number of spectators. It is able to accommodate hundreds (or thousands) of spectators.
- The event will secure partnerships with at least TWO Washoe County lodging properties as the event must benefit more than a single lodging entity. Partnerships can be in the form of: cash/in-kind sponsorship, room block, special room rate for event, venue location or marketing/promotional assistance.
Out of market exposure that event generates; support of Reno Tahoe US branding; event's marketing plan ot attract overnight visitors (advertising, PR newsletters, social media, etc.)
- Whether event receives nationally broadcast TV, cable or webcast coverage.
- Sponsorship amenities that event can extend to the RSCVA.
- Event attendance, including spectators and participants (if applicable), specifically out-of-market visitors.
- Is the event unique to the destination as well as in our primary feeder markets? Would it appeal to potential visitors? Does it have potential for longevity?
- Room night estimates and potential for growth.
- Lodging partnerships.
- Timing of event dates (does it occur in a "need" period or during an already busy visitor season).
- Professional, turn key management.
- Financial stability of event.
- Does event take place in an RSCVA facility?
It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm with the
Special Events & Marketing Manager that their application and supporting documents were complete and received by the deadline.
Applications and supplemental documents can be submitted electronically
or by hard copy.
Note: the RSCVA is limited to 5MB of incoming emails.
Large files or multiple attachments may necessitate sending them in
Special Events & Marketing Manager
4001 South Virginia Street, Suite “G”
Reno, NV 89502-6019
Thursday, November 6, 2014: Final Application Deadline
December 2014: Advisory Panel Reviews Applications, Makes Award Recommendations
January 2015: RSCVA Marketing & Sales Committee Review of Panel Recommendations