Explore Downtown Reno
Exploring the Truckee River Arts District will give you firsthand experience of Downtown Reno's recent urban renaissance. There are two main shopping and dining hubs in the district:
- The "Riverwalk" area and
- The "CalAve" area
The North end of Reno's Riverwalk District meanders along
Every third Saturday of the month from 2 - 5 pm, the Riverwalk Merchants host the popular Wine Walk along the Truckee River and neighboring streets. How it works: just visit any Riverwalk District merchant on the Wine Walk day to get a map of participating Wine Walk merchants. Go to the participating merchant of your choice and for a $20 wine-tasting fee and valid photo ID, you’ll receive a wine glass and an ID bracelet that allows you to sample wine at any participating merchant.
Retail options in the district include:
- Be Abundant Home Accessories - richly detailed and elegant home ideas, 46 West First St.
- Parasols On The Riverwalk - a charming women’s boutique, 11 N. Sierra St., Suite 104
- Sasha's Boutique - styles from classic to cutting-edge, 250 West First St.
- La Terre Verte - eco-friendly boutique specializing in recycled and handmade products, 100 North Arlington Ave., Suite 105
CalAve is the section of the Truckee River Arts District that runs along California Avenue. This area forms the southernmost border of the district and is quickly becoming
Retail options in the CalAve area include:
- Shoe – representing fine European collections, 104 California Ave.
- KJB – Kalifornia Jean Bar – an unmatched selection of denim, 290 California Ave.
- Clay Nichols – art, jewelry, home décor and more, 106 California Ave.
- Baboo Children’s Clothing – unique children's clothing you can't find anywhere else, 121 California Ave.
- iMeMine – handbags, accessories and creative clothing, 102 California Ave.