Yes! There is a Leprechaun in the race – can you beat her?
Run in Reno’s vibrant and historic neighborhoods, Midtown and the Wells Avenue District, at the 7th annual Leprechaun Race. It’s an easy 5K that the whole family can enjoy. The relatively flat course starts and ends in front of the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum. Runners or walkers of all abilities can easily participate in this fun run.
Race178’s official leprechaun will also be joining in on the race. If you beat the green elf across the finish line, you get a special prize! A portion of the race proceeds benefit the Discovery Museum. So wear a green outfit or create a St. Patrick’s Day costume and join the fun.
- Personalized race bib if you register by February 27th;
- A scenic and mostly flat course through the Midtown and Wells Avenue Districts closed to traffic and monitored closely by a lot of RPD officers and volunteers;
- Leprechaun Race cup, Lenny the Leprechaun tattoo and other goodies;
- Free entry into the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum on race day by showing your race number;
- Musical entertainment by Johnno “The Rhino” Lazetich and a bagpiper too;
- A finish line party with refreshments and a variety of vendors;
- The chance to race a real life Leprechaun. And for those who beat the leprechaun, you will receive a distinctive pilsner glass in celebration of your big win;
- Chip timing;
- An awards ceremony with cool green age group prizes;
- We post hundreds of photos on the Race178 Facebook page that you can view and download free of charge;
- Race specials with local businesses to be announced closer to race day.
So what are you waiting for?! Plan ahead and register now (race day registration is not available).