An action-packed weekend of music, food, activities, competition and fun!
Featuring the National Whitewater Freestyle Championships!
USA Freestyle Kayaking will hold it's 2016 U.S. National Whitewater Freestyle Championships during the Reno River Festival. This will be the first time that Northern Nevada has hosted the Nationals and it will be the competitive kayaking event of the year.
This 2-day festival is often considered the kick-off to the special events season and offers something for everyone.
- Enjoy interactive summer and outdoor experiences
- Watch the U.S. Freestyle National Whitewater Freestyle Championships (FREE to spectators)
- Shop at over 100 food/beverage, outdoor merchants and craftsmen vendors
- Enjoy to FREE live music - the music line-up has featured up and coming and established national recording artists)
- Participate in Yoga in the Park
- Entertain the kiddos in the Kids Play Area
- Improve your skills at the Fly fishing clinic
- Register for the 1st annual Reno River Roll (slow bike ride)
- The list of activities go on and on. Event schedule.
Smugglers Village - Featuring more than 100 different vendors selling everything from handmade crafts to popular retail items.
Pub N Grub Village - Serving up gourmet hot dogs, tacos, burgers, fried chicken, food on a stick, candy popcorn and a whole lot more.
Reno Tahoe USA Adventure Park (ticketed) - Featuring the largest collection of obstacles and challenges ever features including the Truckee River Zipline, Mega Rock Walls, 30′ bungee jumping, Mechanical Bull Ride, The Giant Roaring River Slide, Human Hamster Battle Balls and a whole lot more. Check out the website link below for updates.
Craft Beer Village (ticketed) - Enjoy a true outdoor bar setting with all of the elements of summer . . . . music, tables, chairs and shade. Oh, and did we mention the amazing views from the point of the peninsula of the Truckee River and the whitewater events? More than 18 different breweries will be represented. Details to come. The challenge is to sample them all - and if you can, you'll be entered into a grand prize drawing on the main stage Saturday and Sunday between 5pm-5:30pm.
VERY BEST BEER Value of the Weekend.
$25 per-purchase includes a Reno River Festival commemorative cup)
This village will sell out. Get your tickets now!
Must be 21 to enter the craft beer village.
The Reno River Roll (registration fee applies):
Celebrate everything that is bicycle! This inaugural 5-mile costumed "slow" (aka casual) ride will kick off at the new Virginia Street bridge and finish in the heart of the Reno River Festival. Tour the streets of Reno on your best ride while trailing a live mobile band and the Coors Light Girls racing team that will lead an experience unlike any bike ride you’ve been on before!
The Reno River Roll is open to all ages and to all types of bicycles. Roll in your best get up because we will be kicking this thing off with a costume contest on the main stage of the River Fest. Dress your best for a chance to win one a whole slew of prizes including a Coors Light bicycle, cash and a dinner for two with a suite at Circus Circus.
All entries will receive an inaugural River Roll nap sack and water bottle.
Adult Registration – $30
Kids (12 and under) – $20
You just can't beat listening to great music while lounging next to the beautiful Truckee River on a beautiful Spring day, especially when it's free! For details on the perfomers below, click here
Saturday, May 7
- Band TBA (3:00pm-4:00pm)
- Stephen Hogan (4:00pm-5:30pm)
- Headliner: Drake White and The Big Fire (6:00pm-7:30pm) Rising country music star Drake White and his band The Big Fire will headline the 2016 Reno River Festival. Dubbed “an electric performer with a gospel howl” by Rolling Stone Country, White embraces the multifaceted nature of modern country music. He was named one of Billboard Magazine’s “10 Hot Country Artists to Watch in 2015” and was prominent on Rolling Stone’s list of “The 37 Best Things We Saw at CMA Fest 2014.”
Sunday, May 8
Island of Black and White (11:00am-12:30pm)
Headliner: Jeremy Combs (1:00pm-2:30pm) After tour managing the biggest comedy tour in the country ( Larry the Cable guy/Blue Collar Comedy Tour ) writing movie soundtracks (one of which was nominated for a grammy) and songs that have appeared on projects selling over 6 million units: including 3 Nationally Charting Hits “ Wagon Wheel “, “ This Town Needs a bar ” & “ Cold ” on Billboard .
Band TBA (3:00pm-4:00pm)
Night in the Country Presents the Winner of the Battle for the Full Moon Saloon (4:30pm-5:30pm)
Two great lodging partners are offering special room rates for Reno River Festival spectators, vendors and competitors. Click here
for rates and reservation details.