While the reasons to book Reno Tahoe USA for your next meeting or convention are endless, we've developed a handy cheat sheet for you. (See, we're already saving you time.) In no particular order-drum roll please-here they are:
1. Accommodations: Within 10 minutes of the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, there are nine hotels providing 825 to 2000 guest rooms each, totaling a whopping 15,600 rooms. Trust us, this kind of convenience is not lost on your attendees.
2. Value: With coffee well under $40 gallon, free airport shuttles and loads of free parking, your meeting and attendee budgets go much further. Talk about ROI. (Yep, it's a very safe subject around here.)
3. Advantages: The RSCVA owns and/or manages the Reno-Sparks Convention Center, the Reno Events Center, the National Bowling Stadium and the Wildcreek Golf Course, giving you one team with direct access to numerous great venues. Also, the majority of the larger meeting hotels are independently owned or managed, which means greater nimbleness to make decisions. (So don't expect to see those annoying contractual F&B minimums, for example.)
4. Space Galore: The Reno-Sparks Convention Center features 381,000 square feet of contiguous exhibit space, 53 meeting rooms (or 110,000 square feet) of meeting space, and a state-of-the-art 30,000 square foot ballroom-all of which is on one level. The Reno Events Center provides 56,000 square of meeting space and ten meeting rooms ranging from 400 to 835 square feet, making it the ideal setting for general assemblies, concerts or sporting events for seating up to 7,500. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, as they say.
5. Air Service: The Reno-Tahoe International Airport is one of the easiest, friendly, most enjoyable airports in the nation. We even have awards that say so. With 120 inbound and outbound flights per day, nonstop service from (17) U.S. cities and (40) one stop flights, Reno Tahoe USA offers more service and convenience than most destinations of comparable populations.
6. Ten Minute City: Imagine checking into your hotel ten short minutes after getting your luggage from baggage claim. Well, you can actually live the dream here in Reno Tahoe USA. Most of our hotels, meeting facilities and attractions are located within ten minutes of each other as well as the Reno-Tahoe International Airport. And as for traffic, it's not part of our vocabulary-or your trip.
7. Weather: Business is a year round proposition. Fortunately, Reno Tahoe USA is open for business year round with an average of over 300 days of sunshine per year. Our high desert climate minimizes extremes, making our neck of the woods attractive for meetings and conventions all throughout the year.
8. Relaxed Labor Rules: For us, conventions and meetings are a labor of love. Not exorbitant fees. The joy of relaxed labor rules means you will not pay through the nose for basic set up and teardown work. We've heard of customers who have paid $1,000 just to have a couch moved. That's no way to welcome visitors, and you certainly won't get that kind of greeting around here.
9. Outdoor Adventure: Where to begin? Outdoor adventure and breathtaking beauty abounds in Reno Tahoe. The same is true of our breathtaking neighbor Lake Tahoe, voted by USA Today readers as America's Best Lake. Here, it's absolutely possible to enjoy one of (18) world-class ski resorts and one of (51) golf courses all in the same day (provided you're not working all day). Just be sure to save some time for whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking and of course, hanging riverside by the Truckee River.
10. Wine & Dine Extravaganza: Reno Tahoe USA offers endless schmoozing opportunities, including a wealth of is a dining options. From all-you-can-eat buffets to nationally recognized, award winning restaurants, wining and dining in Reno Tahoe USA is considered a professional sport. Just recently, Esquire Magazine recognized Campo, one of our new restaurants along the Riverwalk, as one of the top 25 new restaurants in the U.S. Yep, we're proud. And we're that good.
11. Reno Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority: The RSCVA is the ultimate authority on Reno Tahoe USA. Our team of on-staff experts is well-equipped with the power tools and bend-over-backward attitude to help you create an unforgettable event. Let us help you with:
And last but not least:
12. Business-Friendliness: Around here, 'business-friendly' is a way of life. Just ask Apple and Microsoft, two very smart cookies. Apple recently selected Reno as the site for its new data center. And Microsoft, too, calls Reno Tahoe home along with Walmart, Barnes and Noble and JC Penney. So you're in pretty good company when you choose to book Reno Tahoe USA. In fact, over $2 billion has been invested in the region to improve tourism amenities and business infrastructure. And it shows.
So that's the short version of why you should book Reno Tahoe USA. Granted, it's not that short because there's so much to say, but hopefully you get the idea. And the itch to call me. I can give you more reasons, or better yet, help you start the planning process. I look forward to chatting with you soon.