Reno-Sparks Convention Center - Sustainability Efforts
The Reno-Sparks Convention Center currently recycles the following items:
- Plastic Beverage Bottles and Aluminum Cans
- Shrink Film and Plastic Sheeting
- Magazines, Newspaper, Conference Brochures
Available Upon Request (Additional Fees May Apply):
- Washoe County has a public transportation system with 25 bus routes in the Reno/Sparks area. Included is the Sierra Spirit, a free service which provides transportation through the downtown Reno area and UNR. For Schedule information, visit their Website at www.rtcwashoe.com
- The Reno-Sparks Convention Center is located on two major public bus routes with bus stops located on the East and West of the Convention Center property.
- The Reno Sparks Convention Center is located approximately 2.4 miles from the Reno/Tahoe International Airport.
- Lighting levels adjusted from (1/2) one-half to (1/3) one-third during move-in and move-out without any compromise to clients.
- Recent lighting retrofits have reduced energy consumption by 22%.
- An updated Direct Digital Control system saves our facility approximately 20,000 kw’s per year.
Recycling collection containers are located in all public concourses, exhibit halls and lobby areas.
- Portable recycling bins for the collection of recyclable materials are available during event move-in, and move-out.
- Recycling containers in requested meeting rooms.
- A list of local organizations who will provide additional recycling opportunities not available at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center is available upon request.
- Assigned attendants to monitor recycling containers.
Other Green Operations:
- The Reno-Sparks Convention Center’s 43 acres of grounds features Xeriscape landscaping. A simple landscape system that can reduce landscape water use by 50-75%.
- Environmentally friendly products replace thousands of gallons of chemicals each year.
- Restroom paper products contain recycled materials.
For additional information on “Greening” your next event, please contact:
Facilities Services Supervisor