For the River Fest fanatics to potential first-timers, here are 13 reasons this year’s 2013 Reno River Festival is going to be extra splash-tacular!
- Reno River Festival is celebrating their 10th anniversary at the Truckee River Whitewater Park
- The event is back to its original weekend to take advantage of spring runoff – big rapids are rolling through
- All of the events’ whitewater competitions are happening, pitting some of the world’s top kayakers against each other for top honors, and top prize money, in freestyle, slalom, boatercross and SUP events
- Daily yoga in the park
- Celebrate Mother’s Day weekend with a fun day for all
- Weekend temps are predicted to be in the 80s
- Food, drink and top industry vendors will be selling their best in an outdoor expo
- Children’s play area – keep kids entertained while parents soak up some sun.
- A dozen outdoor adventure clinics lead by Cabela’s experts
- 7 FREE concerts
- Some of the world’s top kayakers will be competing; national and international champions such as Eric Jackson, Adam Chapel, Courtney Kerin and Nick Troutman, as well as local favorites including Sage Donnelly, Jessica Yurtinas, Jason Craig and Colin Kemp.
- Zip Line across the Truckee River
- One of the toughest fields in the festival’s history
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Buster Blue
1 – 2:30 p.m. – Whitney Myer
3 – 4:30 p.m. – Mark Sexton Band
5 – 6:30 p.m. – Keyser Soze
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Oddly Enough
1:30 – 3 p.m. – GrooveSession
3:30 – 5 p.m. – Jelly Bread