Tips for a Memorable Experience at The Great Reno Balloon Race
The Great Reno Balloon Race is a beloved event, which has decorated the Reno sky for 28 years. The early hours are all worth it once 100 balloons ascend into the early morning sky for a spectacular show of bright colors and fun shapes.
To make this year’s event an easy and worry free experience, follow some of these simple tips provided by the event organizers:
Stay in your pajamas on Saturday, Sept. 12 for The World’s Largest Pajama Party, sponsored by momslikeme.com and Farmers Insurance! Hang out in the pajama party tent and get your photo taken by the Pajamarazzi. Come in your best (or worst) bed-head to enter in the Bed-Head competition. Register at www.renoballoon.com.
- September mornings tend to be a little chilly and the weather can be unpredictable, so be sure to dress in layers.
- Please leave your pets at home. Large of crowds of people, strange surroundings and weird noises may scare them and make them act out of character.
- Smoking is prohibited on the launch field. Dry grass, propane and sparks do not mix.
- Bring a camera with you so you can capture every moment of this incredible event.
- Admission is free, but make sure you bring money for tethered rides, souvenirs or food and drink from a variety of vendors.
- Parking is limited at the event so make sure to arrive early. You can also use RTC RIDE, which will have both pick-up and drop-off at three different locations: CITICENTER in Downtown Reno, Reed High School and Meadowood Mall. Also, many local hotel sponsors provide transportation, so be sure to ask when you check in.
For more information about this year’s Great Reno Balloon Race and a complete schedule of events, visit www.renoballoon.com.
– Provided by the Great Reno Balloon Race