Reno has an overabundance of shopping choices from nationally known department stores to outlets and unique boutiques and shops. If your hearts starts to pou
nd when you think of shopping, then get ready for the trip of your life!
Situated along the Truckee River is a Reno treasure: the Truckee River Arts District. Make sure to visit both the CALAVE and Riverwalk sections of the district for unique shopping excursions to specialty shops, antique stores, boutiques and galleries. This area is quickly becoming Reno's pre-eminent neighborhood retail, restaurant, entertainment and business district. You’ll love this newest, hippest section of Reno, while you find items you can’t get anywhere else.
The North end of The Truckee River Arts District meanders along Reno’s beautiful Truckee River. Most of the retail activity on this end is situated along First Street between Lake St. (east) and Arlington St. (west). This end of the district has galleries, coffee shops, great dining including a brewery and a French restaurant. With more than three dozen shops, boutiques, salons, galleries, and specialty retailers, you’ll find dozens of delightful ways to spend your shopping day in Reno’s Riverwalk District! A few of the shops to not miss are:
- Be Abundant Home Accessories - richly detailed and elegant home ideas, 46 West First St.
- Parasols On The Riverwalk - a charming women’s boutique, 11 N. Sierra St., Suite 104
- Sasha's Boutique - styles from classic to cutting-edge, 250 West First St.
- La Terre Verte - eco-friendly boutique specializing in recycled and handmade products, 100 North Arlington Ave., Suite 105
CALAVE is the section of the The Truckee River Arts District that runs along California Avenue. This area forms the southernmost border of the district and is quickly becoming Reno’s pre-eminent neighborhood retail, restaurant, entertainment and business district. The retail options on CalAve will satisfy the serious shopper offering a variety of upscale clothing, shoe and home décor shops. A few of the shops to not miss are;
- KJB – Kalifornia Jean Bar – an unmatched selection of denim, 290 California Ave.
- Clay Nichols – art, jewelry, home décor and more, 106 California Ave.
- Baboo Children’s Clothing – unique children's clothing you can't find anywhere else, 121 California Ave.
- iMeMine – handbags, accessories and creative clothing, 102 California Ave.
Your shopper's high won't keep you going forever and hard as it might be to tear yourself away from your favorite activity, at some point you're bound to require some local sustenance. The downtown has many tastes and flavors that will please your palate and satisfy your appetite. Even if you're just thirsty, the Reno Downtown area is the best place to grab a drink and watch the world pass you by. Here's a sample, but by no means all.
- Beaujolais Bistro - a cozy bistro specializing in country French cuisine, 130 West St.
- WildRiver Grille - classic American favorites and fresh specials daily, 17 S. Virginia St.
- SilverPeak Grill & Taproom - original and delicious dishes, 135 N. Sierra St.
- Jungle Vino - emphasizing fine wine and food pairings, 246 W. First St.
- Dreamer's Coffee House - comfortable sofas & a full coffee bar menu, 17 S. Virginia St.
- Imperial Bar & Lounge - a centrist joint, with something for everyone, 150 N. Arlington Ave.
- Blue Moon - famous gourmet pizza, 190 California Ave.
- Cheese Board – a concoction of wine, cheeses and other lunch specialties, 247 California Ave.
If name brands are you bag, plan on spending some time or even the whole day at The Summit Reno. With more than 75 manufacturers' outlets, restaurants and entertainment venues, you're bound to find many of your favorite brands and some surprises too. The Summit Sierra features the best names in manufacturers and retail outlets including; Dillard’s, Ann Taylor, bebe, Lane Bryant, White House | Black Market, JoS. A. Bank, Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, Aldo, Ria Shoes and Ecco, M·A·C Cosmetics, Williams-Sonoma and Yankee Candle.
Legends at Sparks Marina offers Northern Nevada residents and guests a brand new outlet shopping, dining and entertainment complex. The center, located off I-80 at Exit 20 (Sparks Blvd) is anchored by Scheels, the World’s Largest All Sports Store . Sprinkled amongst the exquisite water fountains, landscaping, large fireplaces and artistic sculptures representing many famous Nevada legends, the center also features an array of top brand outlet stores many exclusive to the Northern Nevada region. Outlet retailers include: Adidas, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Bath & Body Works, BCBG Max Azria, BCBG Final Cut, Best Buy, BOSE, Carters, Converse, Easy Spirit, Gamestop, GNC, Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, Gymboree, Guess, Harry & David, Kenneth Cole, Lane Bryant, Leather Works, Michael Kors, Nike, Nine West, Off Broadway Shoes, Olive Garden, OshKosh, B’Gosh, Saks 5th Avenue Off 5th, Sanrio/Hello Kitty, Target, Tommy Hilfiger, Vans and Volcom to name just a few.
For sure, whatever your shopping pleasure, be it big shopping malls, unique boutiques, name brands, hometown brands, elaborate or eco friendly, Reno has it all!