Get Married in Reno Tahoe USA
Plan Your Plunge
So you want to tie the knot, do you? Well then, you picked the right place to take the big plunge. Whether you are planning an event for two or for two hundred, whether you want a funky chapel wedding or a formal sit-down service, we have the resources to help you plan the perfect wedding.
Reno has been a hot spot for nuptials for many years, and it's easy to see why. With so many options for the bride and groom, easy access to a marriage license (only $55 and no blood test), chapels open at all hours, top notch accommodations, dining and entertainment, many couples experience little to no stress planning their event.
And what a variety of settings our region offers: the natural beauty of Lake Tahoe provides a stunning backdrop for outdoor and indoor ceremonies; Reno is home to numerous quaint and sometimes outlandish wedding chapels as well as dramatic high desert vistas. From hot air balloons to Lake Tahoe cruises, you can have the ceremony you've always dreamed of.
Whether you want to plan your event from start to finish, or have someone do the legwork for you, you'll find what you're looking for in our Resource Guide.
You can follow the links to our partner sites, order a complete wedding kit, or call 800-FOR-RENO for more information.
Wedding Resource Guides
Let Us Plan Your Day For You
Where every wedding is unique and elegant no matter the size. Let our wedding specialists create a wedding for you. We'll do as much or as little as you like, this is your special day and we'll help you turn your dreams in to a reality.
ESPN Love Story in Reno
By Sam Eifling As many as two dozen couples a day tie the knot at the Heart of Reno Wedding Chapel in downtown Reno. On Wednesday evening, Travis and Lori Wells emerged from the chapel as newlyweds, three days before the groom was to make his fourth ESPN Great Outdoor Games appearance in Log Rolling.The ceremony was efficient, with less than five minutes between the playing of "Here Comes the Bride" and the final pronouncement by the ordained minister: "By the power vested in me by the state of Nevada." Ending with, "You may kiss your beautiful bride." Travis obliged.
Photos were taken, first by the dozen or so assembled friends and family, with digital cameras, then by the chapel photographer. Travis and Lori's six-month-old son, Christian, began to fuss at the flashbulbs. Travis lent a crooked finger for Christian to chew on, and when that solution wore off, Lori popped a bottle in the baby's mouth...
What You'll Need
- Must be 18 or over, and must both appear before the County Clerk (Males and females between 16 & 18 years old can obtain marriage licenses with their parents' consent. Consent is given in person, or in writing (Notorized) to the County Clerk)
- Legal identification with proof of birth date required (i.e. driver's license, certified copy of birth certificate, or a passport)
- $55 fee
- No blood test or waiting period required
- Marriage License Information: (775) 328-3274
- Washoe County Recorder's Office (for a certified copy of your marriage certificate): 775-328-3275
- North Lake Tahoe County Recorder's Office: 800-468-2463
- For more information [click here]