For 33 years, the Eldorado has brought the sights, sounds and flavors of Italy to downtown Reno during the Eldorado Great Italian Festival. The festival, held each year over Columbus Day weekend, is a celebration of Italian culture and traditions. A new wine and food event and Italian dinners in The Buffet starting on Monday, Oct. 6 give guests a chance to celebrate Italian Festival all week long.
The Eldorado Resort Casino, Southern Wine & Spirits and presenting sponsor Barrick Gold are debuting Vintage Eldorado, a new Italian wine and food pairing event, set for 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 9 in the Eldorado Convention Center. The new event will kick-off Italian Festival weekend and will feature Italian food stations, domestic and imported Italian wines, Italian beer and spirits, and silent auction benefitting the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows. Tickets are $50 per person in advance, $65 at the door and include a Riedel stemless “Swirl” wine glass.
Saturday, Oct 11 - 10:00am-6:00pm
Sunday, Oct 12 - 10:00am-5:00pm
The Eldorado Great Italian Festival transforms downtown Reno into Little Italy with a grape stomp, sauce cookers competition, wine walk, an Italian farmer’s market, kids’ gelato eating contest, Italian Buffet and incredible, free, live entertainment all weekend long.
The music line-up includes festival favorites such as, Ray Massa’s Eurorhythms, Moreno Fruzzetti, Bella Ciao, Primo Basso and direct from Italy Capuano n’T Rock. Joining the festival this year are “America’s Got Talent” finalist Paul Salos, Duo Domino and Italica.
A crowd favorite year after year continues to be the Great Italian Festival Sauce Cook-off. Italian families from across the West Coast bring their recipes to life right on the street for guests to taste. Pasta tasting bowls will be sold for $3 at the pasta booth on the corner of 4th and Virginia streets starting at 2 p.m. daily.
No Italian Festival would be complete without plenty of homemade Italian food! This year guests can enjoy an extended Italian menu in The Buffet starting on Monday, Oct. 6 through Thursday, Oct. 9 with a special Italian Seafood Feast on Friday, Oct 10. The Eldorado’s famous Italian dinner buffet will also be served in the Eldorado Convention Center on Saturday at 4 p.m. and in The Buffet Saturday and Sunday. Guests can enjoy an array of Italian specialties including handmade pasta dishes, osso bucco, eggplant parmesan, calamari with lemon butter, capers and basil, and many others as well as an assortment of homemade Italian salads and desserts, including the Eldorado’s famous gelato and tiramisu!
View Italian Festival Buffet Menu
There are plenty of offerings street side as well— traditional Italian fare including house-made pastas, deep fried raviolis, meatball and sausage sandwiches, garlic bread, grilled flatbread, the Eldorado’s famous mushroom ravioli and more.
- Pasta bowls for sauce tasting will be sold for $3 at the pasta booth on the corner of 4th and Virginia streets starting at 2 p.m. daily. Don’t wait, they go fast!
- Grape stomping is fun, free and open to the public Saturday starting at from. Members of the media, politicians and local celebrities stomp Sunday starting at 11 a.m. The grape stomping stage is located on the train trench plaza on the south side of the Eldorado.
- A wine walk featuring 20 delicious Italian and California wines will run from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday for $25.
- An Italian Farmers Market with fresh fruits and vegetables will run all day Saturday and Sunday.
- The Eldorado’s Famous Italian Dinner Buffet will be served in the Eldorado Convention Center at 4 p.m. on Saturday and in The Buffet Saturday and Sunday for $26.99 for adults, $13.99 for kids 10 and under and $21.99 for Eldorado Gold Card members and above.
- An extended Italian menu will be served in The Buffet Monday through Thursday for $14.99 for adults, $7.99 for kids 10 and under and $10.99 for Eldorado Gold Card members and above. Friday night Italian Seafood Feast is $25.99 adults, $12.99 children and $20.99 for Eldorado Gold Card members and above.
- A Kids’ gelato eating contest will be held at 3 p.m. on Sunday at the grape stomp stage.
ROME STAGE (4th & Virginia Street)
- 9:30-11:00 Duo Domino
- 11:30-1:00 Moreno Fruzzetti
- 1:00-1:15 Spectra
- 1:30-3:00 Ray Massa’s Eurorhythms
- 3:30-5:00 Paul Salos (America's Got Talent Finalist)
- 9:30-11:00 Bella Ciao
- 11:30-1:00 Ray Massa’s Eurorhythms
- 1:00-1:15 Spectra
- 1:30-3:00 Paul Salos (America's Got Talent Finalist)
- 3:30-5:00 Capuano n' T Rock (Direct from Italy)
VENICE STAGE (3rd & Virginia Street)
- 10:00-11:30 Primo Basso
- 12:00-1:30 Bella Ciao
- 2:00-3:30 Italica
- 4:00-5:30 Capuano n' T Rock (Direct from Italy)
- 10:00-11:30 Duo Domino
- 12:00-1:30 Italica
- 2:00-3:30 Moreno Fruzzetti
- 4:00-5:30 Ray Massa’s Eurorhythms