Tell me more about the Storm National Mixed Championships
What is the Storm National Mixed Championships?
Storm National Mixed Championships is a multi-event competition designed for the entire family and comprised of two separate tournaments - the National Mixed Tournament and the Festival of Bowling Tournament
What is the National Mixed Tournament?
The National Mixed Tournament consists of four events: Mixed Team, Mixed Doubles, Mixed Singles & All-Events
- Mixed Team Event - 4 bowlers per team (must be 2 men & 2 women)
- Mixed Doubles - 2 bowlers per team (must be 1 man & 1 woman)
- Mixed Singles - Bowled at the same squad time as Mixed Doubles. Bowlers will move to a new pair of lanes to bowl Mixed Singles event. There is a separate prize fund for men & women.
- All-Events - Scores bowled in the Mixed Team, Mixed Doubles & Mixed Singles events will be combined for a prize fund. There is a separate prize fund for men & women.
Special Note: Bowlers must enter both Mixed Doubles & Mixed Singles events
What is the Festival of Bowling Tournament?
The Festival of Bowling Tournament are additional events a bowler may enter. Unlike the National Mixed Tournament Mixed Doubles/Singles event bowlers may enter each event separately.
Festival of Bowling events include:
- Eldorado Open Doubles - 2 bowlers per team (can be any combination men & women)
- Eldorado Open Singles - Separate prize funds for men & women
- Silver Legacy Senior Doubles - 2 Bowlers per team (must be 50 yrs and over - any combination men & women)
- Silver Legacy Senior Singles - Separate prize funds for men & women 50 yrs and over
- Storm 6-Game Scratch Singles - 6 Games Across 6 Lanes - Scratch Prize Fund only
- Circus Circus Adult/Youth Doubles - 1 Adult & 1 Youth Bowler per team - Prize money is paid in the form of scholarship money to the youth bowler.
- Circus Circus Youth Singles - Second event for youth bowlers - Additional chance for youth to win scholarship money
How many times can I enter an event?
You may enter each event a maximum of three times with the exception of the Mixed Doubles/Mixed Singles event. If you enter an event with the exact same partner(s) you may only cash once in that event.
If I bowl in Senior Doubles & Senior Singles can those scores count towards All-Events?
The Festival of Bowling Tournament is a separate tournament from the National Mixed Tournament so no scores from any Festival of Bowling events may be used towards the All-Events prize fund.
If I enter Senior Doubles can I enter Open Singles?
Yes, each event in the Festival of Bowling Tournament is a separate event. If you enter Senior Doubles this does not mean you have to enter Senior Singles. You may instead enter Open Singles.
How many events can I bowl during a squad time?
In the National Mixed Tournament you will only be scheduled for either Mixed Team event or Mixed Doubles/Mixed Singles during one squad time. You may schedule two Festival of Bowling Tournament events during the same squad time with the exception of the 6-Game Scratch Singles event. The doubles event will always be bowled first in the squad if a doubles and a singles event is scheduled for the same squad time. A bowler may bowl 2 Doubles events, 1 Doubles & 1 Singles event, 2 Singles events if you desire in the Festival of Bowling Tournament during the same squad time.