Tell me more about the Storm Open Festival of Bowling featuring the National Mixed Tournament
The Open Festival of Bowling featuring the National Mixed Tournament is a multi-event competition designed for the entire family and comprised of two separate tournaments - the Open Festival of Bowling Tournament and the National Mixed Tournament
What is the Open Festival of Bowling Tournament?
The Festival of Bowling Tournament are additional events a bowler may enter. Unlike the National Mixed Tournament Mixed Doubles/Singles event bowlers may enter each event separately.
Festival of Bowling events include:
- Storm Open Team - 4 Bowlers per team (any combination men & women - 820 team avg max)
- Eldorado Open Doubles - 2 Bowlers per team (can be any combination men & women)
- Eldorado Open Singles - Separate prize funds for men & women
- Silver Legacy Senior Doubles - 2 Bowlers per team (must be 50 yrs and over - any combination men & women)
- Silver Legacy Senior Singles - Separate prize funds for men & women 50 yrs and over
- Festival All-Events - Scores bowled in the Open Team, Open Doubles or Senior Doubles & Open SInglse Singles or Senior Singles events will be combined for a prize fund.Separate prize funds for men & women
- Storm 6-Game Scratch Singles - 6 Games Across 6 Lanes - Scratch Prize Fund only
- Circus Circus Adult/Youth Doubles - 1 Adult & 1 Youth Bowler per team - Prize money is paid in the form of scholarship money to the youth bowler.
- Circus Circus Youth Singles - Second event for youth bowlers - Additional chance for youth to win scholarship money
What is the National Mixed Tournament?
The National Mixed Tournament consists of four events: Mixed Team, Mixed Doubles, Mixed Singles & All-Events
- Mixed Team Event - 4 bowlers per team (must be 2 men & 2 women)
- Mixed Doubles - 2 bowlers per team (must be 1 man & 1 woman)
- Mixed Singles - Bowled at the same squad time as Mixed Doubles. Bowlers will move to a new pair of lanes to bowl Mixed Singles event. There is a separate prize fund for men & women.
- Mixed All-Events - Scores bowled in the Mixed Team, Mixed Doubles & Mixed Singles events will be combined for a prize fund. There is a separate prize fund for men & women.
Special Note: Bowlers must enter both Mixed Doubles & Mixed Singles events
How many times can I enter an event?
You may enter each event a maximum of three times with the exception of the Mixed Doubles/Mixed Singles event. If you enter an event with the exact same partner(s) you may only cash once in that event.
What events count towards Festival All-Events and Mixed All-Events?
The Festival All-Events consist of the first time you bowl in Open Team, Open Doubles or Senior Doubles and Open Singles or Senior Singles. The Mixed All-Events consist of the first time you bowl in Mixed Team and Mixed Doubles/Singles events.
If I enter Senior Doubles can I enter Open Singles?
Yes, each event in the Open Festival of Bowling Tournament is a separate event. If you enter Senior Doubles this does not mean you have to enter Senior Singles. You may instead enter Open Singles.
How many events can I bowl during a squad time?
In the National Mixed Tournament you will only be scheduled for either Mixed Team event or Mixed Doubles/Mixed Singles during one squad time. You may schedule two Open Festival of Bowling Tournament events during the same squad time with the exception of the 6-Game Scratch Singles event. The doubles event will always be bowled first in the squad if a doubles and a singles event is scheduled for the same squad time. A bowler may bowl 2 Doubles events, 1 Doubles & 1 Singles event, 2 Singles events if you desire in the Open Festival of Bowling Tournament during the same squad time.